Ms ten Hout arrived at the University of Tasmania in 2007 where she started as an administration assistant for the Centre for Marine Science which was followed by administrative positions for the Tasmanian Partnership for Advanced Computing (TPAC), Integrated Marine Observing System (IMOS), and the Adaptation Research Network for Marine Biodiversity and Resources (ARN-MBR), before arriving at the Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Cooperative Research Centre as Administration Manager.
Her roles at ACE CRC include:
• Managing the office, including HR responsibilities;
• Meeting contractual commitments under the ACE CRC 2014-2019 funding period;
• Coordinating WHS CSA audit through gap analysis and compile action plan accordingly;
• Quarantine administration of ACE CRC quarantine facility;
• Event organisation for IPICS2016, ACE Symposium 2016 and other events;
• Providing high level administrative advice and support to the CEO, DCEO and senior research staff; and
• Being an active HSR in laboratories and building-wide user group.
Ms ten Hout volunteered for the Aurora Australis CASO/GEOTRACES Marine Science voyage in 2008 to undertake CTD sampling and was able to experience life as a scientist first-hand.